[One Step Back] Raymond Lam Prank Call Linda Chung (Aug.2008)

0 comments
One Step Back is going to be a new feature of Linda Thoughts =) it's just posting up old news article of Linda that can tell people a little bit of her personality. Also simply just for old good memories :D I hope you guys will enjoy it!

clip credits: fiionaliftmeup

[Translation of Raymond Lam Fung's "Made In Hong Kong" (08/15/08) interview in which he prank calls the gullible and innocent Linda Chung Ka Yan -- hilarity ensues]

You need to call Chung Ka Yan, telling her that your friend’s grandma really likes watching “Moonlight Resonance," especially the characters ‘Manager Boy’ (Raymond) and Ah Chau (Linda). However, she won’t eat unless doctor Ah Chau comes visit her and encourages her to eat, only then will she eat. Can you convince Miss Chung to come and encourage grandma to eat?

[Praising the series]

Raymond: I don’t know if I can reach her because she’s filming.
Radio Host: Just try.

[Calling Linda]

Linda: Hello?
Raymond: Hey.
Linda: Hello?
Raymond: Hey, Ka Yan.
Linda: Yes.
Raymond: It’s Ah Fung.
Linda: Hey, Ah Fung, what’s up?
Raymond: No, nothing. I need you to do me a favor.
Linda: Do what?
Raymond: A friend of mine…
Linda: Which friend?
Raymond: My friend, his grandma watches Moonlight Resonance and really likes our characters.
Linda: Really?
Raymond: Yes. … She was hospitalized.
Linda: Okay.
Raymond: She wants to ask you… you –
Linda: Ask me to come visit her?
Raymond: Yes, she won’t eat.
Linda: Really?
Raymond: Yeah. That’s why I want to ask you to come and encourage her to eat.
Linda: Me?
Raymond: Yeah. Can you help?
Linda: [Exasperated]
Raymond: Are you working?
Linda: Yeah, I’m working now. Are you going too?
Raymond: Of course I’ll go with you.
Linda: Oh… okay. Uh… when? Because this week… I’m… When? Are you joking? Are you playing me?
Raymond: No! I’m telling the truth, the truth, the truth, the truth…
Linda: When?
Raymond: See when you’re free.
Linda: Oh… I think the 17th, 18th, or 19th.
Raymond: How about if you say a few words to my friend’s grandma now? Is that okay?
Linda: [Agrees]
“Grandma”: Hello?
Linda: Hello, grandma. I’m Yu So Chau!
“Grandma”: Really? Is this true?
Linda: It’s true!
“Grandma”: Ah Chau… the Ah Chau from the series?
Linda: Yes, yes, Yu So Chau — Ka Yan, I’m Chung Ka Yan.
“Grandma”: Ah! I’ve watched you on TV. You’re a really pretty girl.
Linda: Thank you, thank you.
“Grandma”: You did really well.
Linda: Why aren’t you being good? Why aren’t you eating? You need to eat, do you know that?
“Grandma”: You come and eat with me.
Linda: You eat first. In the upcoming days, I’ll come. Can you eat first?
“Grandma”: You really need to come.
Linda: Huh?
“Grandma”: You really need to come.
Linda: Yes, I will. You need to eat first. If you don’t have strength, you can’t see me.
“Grandma”: Are you busy now?
Linda: Yes.
“Grandma”: Ask Fung jai to take you here.
Linda: Sure, sure.
“Grandma”: I’ll wait for you.

[Everyone laughs and reveals it was a radio prank, apologizing profusely]

Linda: Ah! You guys pranked me! Aiya!
Radio Host: Chung Ka Yan, you are really kind.
Linda: Are you kidding me? I was also suspicious. Why would it be like this? … Argh…
Radio Host: Sorry for bothering you.
Linda: It’s okay!
Radio Host: Sorry. When you heard Grandma talking… Let’s talk for a little bit. You changed into a baby-like voice when you talked with the grandma.
Linda: No it’s because I wanted to help. You said she was sick. You played me! This week I keep getting played, it is really funny!
Raymond: I was forced. It’s not my fault.
Linda: Okay…

[Talks about Raymond's new song, Moonlight's sub --]

Radio Host: Your upcoming CD, Ah Fung will buy your CD –
Linda: He’s going to buy 10 copies!
Radio Host: Buy 10? Haven’t seen him do that.
Linda: He’ll buy 10 to 20 something copies.
Radio Host: It’s out?
Linda: It isn’t out yet. It’ll be out on the 20th.
Radio Host: What are you doing now?
Linda: Actually, I’m in the make-up room now about to take pictures.
Radio Host: Aiya, sorry for bothering you! Go make yourself pretty. Next time we’ll see you again.
Raymond: Don’t be mad at me!
Linda: This is so funny! Okay, okay. Thank you. Bye bye.
Radio Host 1: Next time you see her, tell her sorry.
Raymond: Okay.
Radio Host 2: She’s really a good person.
Radio Host 1: A really good girl!
Radio Host 2: Yes, she’s kind-hearted.
Radio Host 1: When she heard grandma was sick, she immediately transformed into Yu So Chau and told her, “I’m Yu So Chau!”
Radio Host 2: She’s really like her role, very kind-hearted.
Raymond: She’s always like that, very cute.

[Teases Ray if he feels guilty]

Radio Host 2: This prank was really successful.
Radio Host 1: We can’t find Yu So Chau’s song for the time being, so let’s play Guk jeh’s (Susanna Kwan Guk Ying) song first. Sorry. We’ll play it next, Chung Ka Yan’s song.
Radio Host 2: Ah Chau, we unintentionally hurt you (title of Moonlight’s theme, Susanna’s new single).

[Apologizing to Linda and talks about continuing to watch her in Moonlight, but it won't be on air again until Monday]

Credits: TVB Musings
http://virtuesofharmony.net/blog

Thoughts: Lols, listening to Linda is so funny! She is so sweet and kind :D lols the way her voice got high when talking with the grandma reminds me of when I try to sweet-talk my parents xD haha her reactions when she knew she was trick was so cute!!! So lovely how Ray pranked her ;) Haha a really enjoyable clip.

0 comments: