[News] TVB Establishes Own Record Label Entices Raymond Lam to Renew Contract

0 comments
Back in the day, due to the broadcasting regulations, TVB was not allowed to touch anything outside of television broadcast business, thus the company was forced close record label Capital Artists. However, today the restrictions have been relaxed and plus TVB had excavated a great number of talented singers through their singing shows The Voice and Voice of the Stars. TVB feels they qualify to nourish talents in the music industry and thus decided to establish their own record company called Star Dream Entertainment Limited "Star Dream" (星夢娛樂有限公司). Star Dream will not only help artists launch music albums, but will also help them open concerts, manage their work in showbiz and protect their reputations. Furthermore, the artists are absolutely not permitted to perform in something that will damage their image and hope to give them a balance in acting and singing. TVB music producer CW Tang (Tang Chi Wai) will be the main person in charge of the record label's productions. To date, the majority of Raymond Lam's songs were produced and composed by CW Tang.

It was understood, Raymond Lam, Fred Cheng, Linda Chung and Myolie Wu will be TVB's "Big Four" trump cards for the new record label. Other "Voice of the Stars" contestants like Ronald Law, Grace Wong and Shirley Yeung have hope in joining the music industry. Recently it had been widely rumored TVB Siu Sang Raymond Lam intends to leave the company, but TVB is still actively trying to make him stay and plans to make him Star Dream's "First Brother" in hope he'll change his mind. As for Fred Cheng, nicknamed the "High Score King", responded yesterday. "I don't mind which company I sign with. I'm waiting for TVB to make the arrangements. (How will you choose between singing and acting?) I've been acting in TV series for over 10 years, I really like acting, but if I had to choose, I really can't do it! Let TVB make the decision. (Do you think there is better success in singing?) I haven't thought about it that far. I want to concentrate on the October 12th and 13th Voice of Stars final first."

Linda still has a contract with Star Shine, in regards to returning to TVB's embrace? She said: "I'm from TVB, there is no say on who is my maternal home. Of course I will support TVB establishing their own record label. Its a good platform to let artists develop their talents, but I don't know how to plan because I still have several years left in my contract with Star Shine."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

0 comments: