Weekend with Linda, Kenneth, Ruco and Sonija in Vancouver! - DAY 1 (Wendy)

0 comments
Here, Wendy will share with us about her experience at the artistes' conference in Toronto!  So thank you Wendy, for your write-up (very detailed!) and awesome pictures!!! :D Leave comments for her! haha
Basically the break down of Monday, May 27, 2013.

The artist were schedule to arrive at 7 but they delayed to 7:30-ish.

My mom, sister and I all did half day at work/school. So we got to First Markham Place around 2. I also brought two of my friends along, May and Carmen. So since we were early, my friends and I went to go eat first, then went back to First Markham Place to meet up with my mom and sister. We notice how people already left their belonging in the line, so we quickly placed our backpacks down and continued to kill time.

Then my friends and I roamed around the mall, then we walked right beside a photography store and the best idea every hit me! Why don't I get a Polaroid camera, take an instant picture with the artists, then get them sign it. Since I was running low on money, May got it for me as an early birthday present!

By the time we got back it was around 4, so I suggested for us to go in line since its only about 3 hours left. So we got in line then I turned around from facing the front to the back and a flash of 100 people just got into the line. Then there was a lot of waiting, the people in front of us kept on letting people cut in, then May's friend came and joined us.

As the time got closer and closer to 7, the draw to get a picture with the artists and the draw for tickets arose. I quickly got my mom to get a lot of ballets, but sadly the workers said that you're only allowed to put in one ballet each. But I put fake names so I can put in more.

Anyways, at 6:30 the mc said that they'll allow the first 80 people to sit and get a ticket guaranteeing us a autographs from the artists. So then we got in and took our seats. When everything was settling down the mc started asking questions are the event and each artist individually. Obviously being a crazed Linda fan I knew every answer about Linda, so I was waiting for the opportunity. Finally after 3-5 questions about the event he asked, "In which year did Linda win the title Miss Chinese Vancouver?" So I stood up on the chair so I'll be noticed then I answered with "2003". Then the mc goes and says, "That's incorrect, does anyone want to provide another answer?" For a split second I thought I was wrong or heard the question wrong, but my mom confirmed the question he asked and I was furious. I knew I was right but yet I don't get my prize (which were tickets for the concert). I wanted to leave my seat, and go up to confirm but I wasn't allowed to. After a few other questions, the mc had to go to the side to get more questions from the TVB co-workers, and then he looked up, looked at me with a sorry face but that didn't mean anything to me anymore. I didn't get tickets! At that point, I was sad, and angry but then I remembered that Linda will be here soon so it enlightened my mood.

Then we had a 15 mins break and then the mc came back and said really corny stupid jokes like, "They've arrived.... Into the car which just drove a distance... Which is now at another distance... Which is a bit closer to First Markham Place." He repeated this a few times, and then asked more question but they were mostly Kenneth question. I knew the answer and put my hand up but he didn't pick me...

Anyway he went off stage and then came up and said, "The artists are here! I'm kidding but the order they're going to come out will be: Kenneth, Linda, Sonija and Ruco". Then finally after everything, the artists came.

So after they all got on stage, the mc asked for them to give a intro, first up was Kenneth he said "Hello everyone, so happy to be in Toronto again, Hello!" Then it was Linda, she tried to speak with her mic but it didn't work so she quick traded with Kenneth and asked, "Hello to the audience of First Markham Place, how are you?" It was Sonija's turn, but first she looked at Linda and said, "that's all? No more?" Then Linda responded with, "yeah, no more!" Then Sonija proceeded, "Hello Toronto, how are you? The last time I came here was 2007 and it was at this very stage, I'm very happy that I'm here once again to see all of you! Hope you all are well!" Then it was Ruco's turn, "How are you all? I'm Ruco Chan, can you give us a round of applause?"

Then the mc asked each artist to ask the audience a question each and pick a winner so they can get a prize. So first up was Kenneth, he asked, "Is Ruco handsome?" Then everyone was screaming yes! Then Ruco stopped them and said, "Hey Kenneth, you asked the question I wanted ask." Then Kenneth was like who's the winner they all got the correct answer.

Then the mc was like, "Then let me ask them a question, is Kenneth handsome?" The crowd went wild since it was mostly populated with Kenneth fans. Then the mc picked a Kenneth fan and gave her the prize. All of that commotion interrupted Linda's question but she said, "I wanted to ask if Ma Ming was handsome or not but anyways, okay, uhm okay, then I'll ask this question, it is, I have a nickname, do you guys know what it is?" The entire crowd screamed out, "Ka-yan BB" then Linda was like, "They all got the correct answer, what do we do now?" The mc was like "They're all die heart fans, so all of you who loves Linda the most?" Then Linda looked directly at my sister and I since my sister and I were jumping like no tomorrow, and Linda commented, "I love the people who like to bounce around," then one of the VIPs started jumping and Linda picked him instead.

Then Sonija asked, "Name one of the dramas I was in." This one was done more orderly and we got an actual winner and not just a mob screaming out answers.

Then it was Ruco's turn and a fan already had their hand up and Ruco's like, "You already have your hand up, alright I'll ask you! Which is your favorite most recent drama of Kenneth?" The crowd said "The Hippocratic Crush." Kenneth then asked, "Which is your favorite most recent drama of Ruco?" The crowd said "Slow Boat Home." Ruco was like, "alright since I asked you guys, obviously I'll choose my fans."

Now, it was time for the draw for tickets and the group picture. Ruco and Sonija got to pick the winners for the tickets, and Linda and Kenneth got to pick for the group photo. When they were pulling up the ballets, Linda accidentally said the winner's full cell phone number! And her first reaction was to go into Kenneth's chest because she was so embarrassed.


Anyway now it was time for the signing, after a very long time we finally got to go up. At this point of time everything was really rushed, so the workers on stage were like no pictures and kept on shoving me, so I didn't get any photos with the artists but I got one blurry picture of Linda. But my friends and family got 3/4 of my albums sign, and on lovelovelove my name is also on it, my iPad and 3 photos they gave out. I was really disappointed since all I really wanted was Linda's autograph on my phone. Then my mom told me to go up near the stage, since they're leaving. So I was patiently waiting there, and Kenneth was leading out the exit, then followed by Linda, I was screaming Linda!! And stuck out my hand and she didn't just touch it but she held it for a bit! I was so happy and surprised I started hyperventilating, and almost fainted. So in the end, despise the fact that I didn't get my phone signed, I got many of my albums signed and my hand was held by Linda!

0 comments: