[Clip] Linda Chung Cannot Forget Helping Mum Pluck White Hairs

0 comments

Since the Miss Chinese International beauty pageant and entering the entertainment industry, Linda Chung has been keeping a healthy image and the Jade Girl look. She loves her parents and family a lot, and because she works in Hong Kong, she misses her mother the most. On the eve of Mother's Day, Linda personally wrote a letter to her mother as a Mother's Day gift.

"Dear Mum:

I am writing this letter to you on the 18th of April, in the afternoon. I have many troubles that I would love to share with you. First, I really really love you, and you are often in my heart; each day you appear in my mind so often. I remember when I was young, I would help you pluck your white hairs each week, and seeing the number of white hairs on your head increase, I would feel very afraid, because this symbolizes your growing in age. Today, your hair is almost all white already, and you have to depend on dying your hair to turn it black again. I can no longer help you pluck your white hairs anymore, and I feel sad and cannot let go of those memories."

Dear Mum's White Hair Makes Linda's Heart Ache

"Mum, before I only knew how to worry. But now, as I grow older, I conversely have another opinion as to your white hair. I feel that white hair symbolizes a person's wisdom and experience in life. I am very thankful for your wisdom, experience and concern, and you made me understand the most important things in life: love, family, good health, and happiness.
Leaving you, dad, elder bro, and elder sis to work in Hong Kong alone makes me understand how much I love you all, and I miss you all greatly. Thank you all for all those years of care and concern, and education; everything that helped me to grow up and learn how to love others.

Dad, Mum, your little girl has grown up now; now it is time for me to take care of you guys in return. You all don't need to worry about me any longer, I will always wait by your sides. In this world, you guys are the people that I love the most, and I believe that we will be able to meet again soon.

Mum, Mother's Day is nearly here. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day, and good health. I will love you forever!


From your dear daughter, Little Linda."


This extract was taken from RTHK 5 (AM783/FM92.3 Tin Shui Wai/FM99.4 Tseung Kwan O/FM106.8 Tuen Mun, Yuen Long) Programme. This program airs every Saturday morning at 10am, and RTHK website http://rthk.hk also broadcasts the program live.

Translated by ibellchu@lindacottage

Thoughts: I wish the best for Linda's parents. They've raised up a wonderful and filial daughter ;)

0 comments: